Whether you like it or not - you’re next! by Marian Casillas, Ed.D.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak
for me.
- Martin Niemöller
First they came after the small business owners and I didn’t say a word because I wasn’t a small business owner.
Then they came after the unmasked and I didn’t say a word because I always wore my mask everywhere I went.
Then they
came after the unvaxxed and I didn’t say a word because I was fully vaxxed with
the most up-to-date boosters.
Then they
came after those who still used monetary cash and I didn’t say a word because I
only traded with crypto-currency.
Then they
came after me and there was no one to speak up for me.
Maybe if I
had said something sooner they wouldn’t be coming for me now.
Moral of the
same evil story constantly repeating itself throughout history: Speak up now or
forever live to regret it.