For the blessing and protection of the children and the restoration of the soul of our nation

(Email received)

July 11, 2014

Dear little handmaids and friends,
This morning, in the midst of running errands, I stopped at McDonald's to have a cup of coffee and read the newspaper.
As I read the stories about the thousands of unaccompanied children from Central America arriving at our borders, my eyes were filled with tears, tears from deep in my heart.
I was crying not only for the children, but also for our nation, for those who are more concerned with what they call "the securing of our borders" than they are for the urgent needs of children who are knocking at the doors of our nation begging for help.
It is the lives of these children that is at stake.
But, even more urgently, it is the soul of our nation that is at stake. 
Will we be a compassionate nation, or will we enclose our hearts in the hard armor of self interest? 
Please pray with me for the blessing and protection of these children, and for the restoration of the soul of our nation.                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Wrapped in the Compassionate Hearts of Jesus and Mary, 

Cami


Little Handmaids of Our Sorrowful Mother

And Mary said, "Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." (Lk 1:38)