Papal Vigil for the Unborn

November 17, 2010

Dear Friends,

The Holy Father has announced a worldwide vigil of prayer for unborn children and invites your participation!

On Saturday evening, November 27, I will join him in St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome for an evening prayer service that will begin the season of Advent. During that prayer service, he will lift up in prayer all the children living in the womb, and call God’s protection on them.

The Pope has invited all the bishops of the world to join in this event by having their own prayer services.

But, of course, when he invites the bishops to do so, that is simply a way of inviting all of us to do so.

And so, whether your diocese or parish is having a special vigil or not, I invite you to join with me, and with the Holy Father, in praying for the protection of all children in the womb and for an end to abortion worldwide!

I ask you, furthermore, to continue this prayer throughout Advent, using the special prayer we will provide for you.

Prayer for Advent

God of Life,
We rejoice in the promise of your coming.

You have sent your Son, born in Bethlehem.

He is the Prince of Peace, and
The one in whose name all oppression shall cease.

May we welcome his coming each day
And prepare for his coming at the end of time.

May we build a culture that welcomes him
By welcoming every child, born and unborn.

We pray through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

You can also send me your special prayer intentions, both related to pro-life and to any other concern, and I will bring those intentions with me when I travel to Rome next week to take part in this historic event. I will remember those intentions while I am praying with our Holy Father at the tomb of St. Peter!

So here’s what I am urging you to do:

1. Go to www.priestsforlife.org/novenas/advent-novena.htm
and sign up. Let me know you are saying the Advent Prayer for Life, and leave with me your prayer intentions to bring to Rome!

2. Order your free copies of the Advent Prayer Card on that same page. Ask your pastor if he would hand them out at your parish, and if he agrees, we will send as many as he needs for all the parishioners.

3. If you use Facebook, go also to http://www.prolifeprayers.com/
and join our “Pray to End Abortion” cause, so that you can join with tens of thousands of others each day in well-informed prayer for the pro-life cause.

4. Finally, pass this information along to everyone you know who may be interested in sending me their prayer intentions and joining this great Advent Prayer for Life!

One more thing – EWTN will broadcast the Papal vigil live on Saturday, November 27 at 11am CT and will repeat it at 6pm CT. Be sure to tune in!

God bless you!
Fr. Frank Pavone