Soulful meditation: Beware of not being a foolish frog in the midst of lurking lizards by Marian Casillas, Ed.D.

 


Personal reflection:


Just like a vigilant and virtuous frog I must be awake and aware of camouflaged, large leaping lizards that seek to devour, destroy, and bring death to my soul with their virulent and vicious vices.

Large leaping lizards hide in plain sight, they are sneaky, and suddenly they pounce and before I realize it, I’m caught up in their jaws that won’t let me go, it’s lights out and there’s only darkness.

Thank God for giving me the grace to see the lizards for who they really are and quickly jump as far away as I possibly can.

In the Most Holy and Venerable Name of Jesus I renounce, rebuke, and resist all the lying, loathing, leaping lizards that lurk in lush and lavish lawns.

Dear God may I not be one of those foolish frogs who fatefully falls asleep instead of faithfully being on soul-guarding duty.

May I stay alert in order to always remain in Your Saving Grace and to listen to the alarm warning me of dangers for the life of my eternal soul.