This is My Beloved Son in Whom I am Well Pleased submitted by Irene Ortiz

 


“Lord Let Us Not Be Deaf to Your Voice”

There was a surgeon who had drifted away from God.

He had no time to go to Church or had time to be with his family because he was always busy working to make money for worldly things, which will soon drift away at one time or another.

A young child about six years old who came into the hospital needed a heart surgery or else he could die if he didn’t have surgery.

The doctor told the parents that their son was very sick and that he needed surgery right away or that he would not last very long.

The parents were very sad and told the doctor to do everything to save their child and also to please tell the child about the surgery, cause it was very hard for them to tell him.

So on Monday morning the doctor came to the child’s room and said, “Son, you are a very sick child and you need surgery right away.  I’m going to open your little heart to see what’s wrong.”

The child right away interrupted the surgeon and asked him, “Doctor when you open my little heart are you going to find Jesus in it?”

The doctor ignored what the child said and continued talking.

He told the child, “I will cut a wall of your little heart to see the defect completely.”

But the child again said, “Doctor but when you open my heart will you find Jesus inside?”

The doctor continued talking, ignoring what the child was asking, “When I see the damage in your heart we will plan on what to do to get you well.”

The doctor could not tolerate the insistence of what the child was asking.

So before leaving the room the doctor said, “If he doesn’t have surgery and with such a pain the child will die at a young age.”

The doctor started asking himself, my God why must he die at such a young age?

God answered the surgeon, the child, my young sheep, doesn’t belong to your pasture because he is a part of me and he will be with me for all eternity.

He will be comforted and one day he will be with his parents, as for you some years ago I sent you my sheep and gave you the gift of healing. 

You became a surgeon so as to be able to help humanity; but with so much work, worldly things, and money etc. you have forgotten your Creator our Lord Jesus Christ.

So I sent my other son, a sick child, not to lose him, but to talk to the lost sheep to return to me.

To return to my vineyard because it has been so long that I have been waiting for your return.

I have talked to you through other people, sent messages; I have waited for you to talk to me and your family.

I want to bless you and heal you but you keep drifting away doing other worldly things.

I will keep waiting for your return as a good father waits for the lost son.

The prodigal son to return home and have a big feast for him and the whole family.

The surgeon began to cry realizing how bad he needed Jesus in his life.

After the child had surgery, the doctor came to his room, got close to the child’s bed to see how he was doing.

The child woke up and the first thing he said to the doctor was, “Doctor did you find Jesus in my little heart?”

The surgeon crying answered, “You were right I found Jesus in your heart.”

The child gave a big smile and said, “Thank you Jesus for my healing.  You sure are a great surgeon.”

“By walking with Jesus, everything good happens.”

“For He is our strength and our guide.”

“Our God reigns.”

“Praise you Lord.”

 

Irene Ortiz