Mother Teresa’s Emergency Novena submitted by Irene Ortiz



Mother Teresa’s Emergency Novena (also called the Flying Novena or Express Novena). 

 

Mother Teresa was flooded with prayer requests, and she had many intentions that she wanted to send up quickly to Our Lady. Her solution? Pray a novena of Memorares. Mother Teresa would pray nine Memorares in a row — and then she immediately added a tenth in thanksgiving for graces received. 

 

And if your suffering is so intense and overwhelming that even the Emergency Novena is too much for you to say, here is an even smaller prayer from Mother Teresa: “Mary, Mother of Jesus, please be a mother to me now.” 

 

St. Teresa of Calcutta, pray for us! 

 

Memorare 

 

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. 

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. 

Amen.