March 2, 2018: Del Rio News-Herald * From Page 1A * Letter to the Editor * Personal assistants



Letter to the Editor,

Personal assistants

“Honey, I’m home,” declares his wife.
Her husband can’t wait to share, “My personal assistants have arrived. ‘Candy’ is in my man cave, and ‘Dulce’ is in my home office,” he excitedly exclaims.
His wife thinks, just more tech junk, while exasperatingly rolling her eyes.
“That’s nice,” she responds trying to keep the peace.
It’s no use arguing, he’s enthralled with all the latest electronic gadgets and can’t wait to waste his money on purchasing the newest models.
“Look, let me show them to you”.
He authoritatively states, “‘Candy’, pour me a drink and bring me my slippers”, his wife is giving him ‘The Look’, he laughs“Just kidding” and continues“‘Candy’, play something by Harry Connick Jr.” ‘Candy’ responds, “Are you sure that’s what you want me to play for you because you don’t like him or his songs.” 
He sheepishly informs ‘Candy’, “Harry Connick Jr. is my wife’s favorite singer, she swoons all over him and compulsively watches his daytime talk show on DVR.” 
“Oh, okay, I see,” robotically responds ‘Candy’ as she obediently plays what he requested. 
As her husband departs, he lets his wife know, “I’ll be in my home office, so I can show you ‘Dulce’!”
After listening to several songs on the playlist his wife walks into her husband’s home office and says, “Show me what ‘Dulce’ can do.” 
He commandingly says, “‘Dulce’, bring me my smoking jacket and a cigar”, again his wife is giving him ‘The Look’, “It’s just a joke, okay, now for real,” he solemnly swears. 
“‘Dulce’, make an appointment at La Bella Vida Beauty Salon for my wife; put her down for the works.” ‘Dulce’ responds, “Are you sure because you were saying how outrageous the list of your wife’s expenses had become.” 
Flustered, he adamantly declares, “Yes, of course, only the very best for my most beautiful bride.” 
His wife walks out muttering, “How dare he say my expenses are outrageous, when he is the one who is spending gobs of money on his ‘Candy’ and ‘Dulce'."

Marian CasillasEd.D
Del Rio