April 19, 2017: Del Rio News-Herald * OPINION * Letter to the Editor * Begin a pro-life revolution






















Letter to the Editor,

Begin a pro-life revolution

Whenever it is our birthday, let us thank God and our mother and father for giving us the most wonderful, precious gift of our existence, our life to live. The quintessential gift among all other gifts to be given is the gift of life, no other gift can compare. “Thank God for my life. Thank you Mom and Dad for cooperating with God’s Eternal Plan of having me come into this world.”

Whenever you know that it’s someone’s birthday or whenever you see it's someone's birthday on Facebook, or when someone tells you it's their birthday, you should make a point of telling them, "Happy birthday and I'm so glad you were born!"

You will be totally astonished and amazed at how moved they are, many responding with "Wow, thanks so much!” “No one has ever said that to me before.” “That was the best birthday gift ever!”

We need to be saying these words to one another.  Take the time to tell others that you are so glad they were born. What a marvelous gift to hear these words, to read these words; and ultimately to believe these life-affirming words.

And mothers and fathers tell your children often, “I'm so glad you were born. I’m so glad I had you!" 

This poem written by Rebecca Kiessling who is an international pro-life speaker, blogger, attorney; most importantly a wife and mother:

“Today I was born! I could have been torn from my mom's womb, her body my tomb.
But I have a birth because others saw my worth.
See, I was protected instead of dissected.
Today, I can celebrate.
So when you say, ‘Happy birthday’, please be aware of why I am here,
and that others are yet neglected when they should be protected.”

The one sentence we need to say to everyone that would completely revolutionize the pro-life movement by making a truly personal and heartfelt statement of the worth and value of each person’s birth and life would be: “I’m so glad you were born.”

Marian Casillas, Ed.D.
Del Rio