February 21, 2017: Del Rio News-Herald * OPINION * Letter to the Editor * Deplorables are not dispensable and disposable



















Letter to the Editor,

Deplorables are not dispensable and disposable

My name is C.L. Fish. 

This is my depressing and distressing, sad and sorry story.

First they legalized abortion, and I said that’s fine with me because I’ve already been born and it doesn’t bother me if they want to kill their babies.

Then they legalized assisted-suicide, and I said that’s fine with me because I’ll never want to kill myself and it doesn’t bother me if other people want to kill themselves.

Then they legalized euthanasia, and I said that’s fine with me because I’ll never want to end my life and it doesn’t bother me if other people want to end their life.

Then they said that I was a deplorable who was dispensable and disposable, and I said that’s not fine with me because I don’t think I’m a deplorable who’s dispensable and disposable; and it very much bothers me that they want to dispense with me and dispose of me.

So I did everything I could so that I would no longer be considered a deplorable.

I contacted my Congressional representatives and told them I was not a deplorable, there must have been some mistake and they needed to fix that slip-up.

I gave money to the lobby that represented the newly identified deplorables just like me, so that they could wine and dine the Congressional representatives to vote against legalizing dispensing and disposing of me.

I protested with big banners that read, “I’m a person, not a deplorable.”

I boycotted the companies that detested deplorables.

I wrote “Letters to the Editor” stating why I was not a deplorable.

I tried to rally other people who would think I was worth saving; there were not too many people who thought I was worth saving. 

Most of the people I contacted thought I should be dispensed with and disposed of. 

They told me that I only cared about myself.

I guess I came to realize too late, that I never really cared about others and now others really don’t care about me.

Marian Casillas, Ed.D.

Del Rio