Testimony of Little Handmaid on Divine Mercy Devotion

Dear little handmaids and friends,
I asked one of our little handmaids, Carrie Perreira, if she would write something about her devotion to the Divine Mercy of Jesus, and this was her beautiful response:



Happy Palm Sunday, Cami:

Thank you for the opportunity of allowing me to express my reflection about the Divine Mercy Chaplet concerning my devotion and daily commitment of practicing it.

I hope it is enlightening, inspiring and excites participation.  Let me know your thoughts or any changes you feel that are necessary.

Again, thank you for allowing me to share a part of my Catholic journey.

Carrie D. Perreira
a Little Handmaid of Our Sorrowful Mother



DIVINE MERCY DEVOTION

What are we to do with the grace given to us freely to be a member of the true Church established in the world by Our Lord Jesus, the Son of God?  When so many of our loved ones and others we know are lost wandering in the world caught up in the snares of that old serpent who is trapping their mind to love darkness and binding their feet to walk toward the wide gate that leads their soul to destruction, 
how are we as Catholic Christians who are devoted to practicing our Faith to join our lives to the mission of Jesus’ Merciful Heart?  How are we to bring the healing power of Jesus’ wounds into our environments to free the souls of our loved ones and our neighbors?  Why are we where we are today, and why do we know the people we know?  Here we are Lord, how can we help, show us the way.

Through Saint Faustina Kowalska, Jesus has shown us how we can help dispense His Mercy to souls in need by committing ourselves to make time to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at the three o’clock hour, the very hour He died on the cross.  This is the Hour of Great Mercy and in this hour, Jesus allows us to implore His Mercy to bring souls to Him for healing, conversion, and for those souls who are dying to have a peaceful death.

I Trust in Jesus, and truly believe that when the Blood and Water gushed forth from His Heart, it opened a fountain of mercy as a vessel for us to share His Mercy with others.  At the 3:00 PM Hour every day I reflect on the agony of Our Lord, particularly his abandonment.  I offer to Our Eternal Father the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of His dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ.  During that Great Hour of Mercy, I come to the foot of the Cross and request mercy for those on my prayer list by identifying them to Our Lord by their full name and their situation.

God’s Love and Mercy is so great, He sent His own Son to die for us.  The Holy Spirit stirs in my heart as I communicate to the Lord concerning their needs, trusting that His healing power is going forth to touch those souls because He alone knows the solution to every situation I bring to Him.

My commitment to the Divine Mercy Chaplet is a devotion that Our Lord has brought me to appreciate and understand its need in the world today.  I hope many more of the faithful would join in this devotion, especially in the Novena beginning on Good Friday.  So many souls are in need of the graces that Jesus offers through us praying this Chaplet.

Jesus, I Trust in YOU!
Carrie D. Perreira
a Little Handmaid of Our Sorrowful Mother

Thank you, Carrie, for your beautiful testimony. I only want to add that, while the 3:00 Hour of Mercy is a very powerful time to pray this chaplet, Our Merciful Lord will receive this prayer from any trusting heart at any time.

Please join us in praying the Divine Mercy Novena, which begins, as Carrie said, on Good Friday and ends on the day before Divine Mercy Sunday, the Sunday following Easter.

The following is the link to EWTN's copy of the Novena:


--
Little Handmaids of Our Sorrowful Mother
www.sorrowfulmother.net

And Mary said, "Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." (Lk 1:38)