Fr. Barron's "Seven Deadly Sins, Seven Lively Virtues" demonstrates how we can counteract our sinful patterns through a conscious focus on virtue. Here is a brief overview:
1. Sin: Pride
· Virtue: Humility-stay close to the earth.
2. Sin: Envy
· Virtue: Admiration-make a conscious effort to praise the goodness in others.
3. Sin: Anger
· Virtue: Forgiveness-take concrete steps to make amends, even if you were not at fault.
4. Sin: Sloth
· Virtue: Zeal- pray that God will reveal your mission, and then do it!
5. Sin: Avarice
· Virtue: Generosity- deliberately give away something you hold dear.
6. Sin: Gluttony
· Virtue: Asceticism- be intentional about offering up your desires for a greater good.
7. Sin: Lust
· Virtue: Chastity- honor purity and holiness in yourself and others.