A clearer picture of vocation as little handmaids





















(Email received)


Dear little handmaids, my sisters,

I would like to share a portion of my prayer journal entry of Friday, October 17, 2014:

…[I start wondering at this point if what I have written for the little handmaids has any value, and the Blessed Mother (speaking to my heart) says: “It’s all part of the picture, my child.” An image comes (to my mind) of the whole scene of the Crucifixion.]
Later, as I’m working, I ask the Blessed Mother what part of the picture the little handmaids are, and St. Mary Magdalene immediately comes to mind. I remember the images of her and Our Sorrowful Mother, as portrayed in The Passion of the Christ. I understand that, as Mary Magdalene had a spiritually intimate relationship with Jesus, profoundly loving…she also had a very close, loving relationship with Jesus’ Mother.
I understand that Mary Magdalene is, perhaps, the greatest model of a repentant sinner, who “loved (Jesus) much because she was forgiven much.” The proof of Jesus’ great love for, and trust in, Mary Magdalene is shown in the fact that she is the person in Scripture to whom Jesus appeared first after His Resurrection. She is the one that He sends to tell the Apostles that He is risen.

        As little handmaids, we are called to seek ever deeper repentance for our sins, and the fruit of that deeper repentance is a greater love for, and intimacy with, Jesus. Then he sends us to His brothers and sisters to witness to His living, merciful Presence.

 Mary’s daughter


--
Little Handmaids of Our Sorrowful Mother
www.sorrowfulmother.net

And Mary said, "Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." (Lk 1:38)