Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller calls us to prayer in the wake of Connecticut elementary school shooting.

“You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?”
 


My heart is saddened by the terrible loss of life at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. I pray for the repose of the soul of those many children and adults whose lives were ended in a tragic, violent moment. My heart breaks for the parents and families of all those who were taken from them so suddenly and in such a horrific way.

We pray that their faith will sustain them at this time of great sorrow. I call upon the faithful to join me in prayer as we raise our voices in our faith and hope that Jesus has prepared a place for them in heaven as he has promised.
Our Blessed Mother understands the pain of the loss of a child. Therefore, I pray for her intercession to bring comfort to those grieving at this time of heartbreak.

May we also pray for all those who are victims of violent crime; may they know the gentle mercy of the Father as he welcomes them at the heavenly gates.

Let us be comforted by the words of the Psalmist: “Even though I walk through the valley of death, I fear no evil with your rod and your staff that give me courage.”