Do not be afraid!

 
“Do not be terrified.” (Luke 21:9)              
 “Do not let your hearts be troubled.”  (John 14:1)
 
In all situations, in the face of every worry, Jesus offers comfort to his people.
“Don’t worry; my Father has everything under con­trol,” he tells us.       
                                                                                                                                              
We may see troubling things, we may hear frightening news, but do not be afraid.
If only we could all hold fast to this simple phrase: I will not be afraid!         
 
Every­one who turns to him finds help in times of need.
We are loved by One who is both our Shepherd and our Guardian.
 
He has poured his love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit.
Do not be terrified, God the Father says, for “I am your shield” (Genesis 15:1).         
 
Do not be afraid, for I am with you and will help you. I am your strength, in every situation.
Declare, confi­dently and boldly, I will not be afraid!
 
Be like a child who trusts that Dad and Mom have it covered, whatever “it” is.
Don’t worry.
 
Don’t be terri­fied.         
And your peace will speak truth to others.
 
It will declare the power and presence of God in our midst.
Let that be our message.
 
Let us pray:
“Father, embrace me in your love today, and blanket me in your peace. I give you my fear and anxiety, asking only that you hold my hand in yours.”