Love is the Answer blog

(Received in email)

Dear Friends and Family,

This is a link to a blog that I started back in May, to write my
reflections, and post others' reflections, on the gift of our special children. I plan on beginning to post on it often, because I realize that it is a powerful therapy for me, and I hope it will be healing and enlightening to others. If anyone else would like to share their reflections on this topic, I would welcome them, and would post any encouraging, uplifting, enlightening reflections that you send. The writing can be very simple. It's not the sophistication of the writing that enlightens or heals. It is the faith, hope, and love that it springs from.

May God give us ears to hear all that He wants to teach us through our special children!

Cami

http://loveistheanswertosofia.blogspot.com/


Profile

Cami Murphy - Del Rio, Texas, United States  


This is a blog of spiritual reflections about the gift that God has given us (the whole world) through our special children. I would be happy to post others' reflections on this topic. I am a 61 year old wife and mother of 2 grown daughters. My younger daughter, Sofia, has severe autism and severe mental retardation. She is 23 years old, and functions at the level of, perhaps, a 2 year old. She has many challenging behaviors, and also some beautiful gifts. She loves music. Her favorite activity is to sit in front of our computer, listen to music, and watch music videos. I am growing every year in my awareness of the immense blessing that Sofia is to me and our family. I believe that the great purpose of Sofia's life, and of the lives of other severely disabled children, is to teach us to love. What greater purpose could anyone's life have?