"Am I not here, who am your Mother?"

At a recent presentation Fr. Antonio Moreno made an observation about the miraculous image of Our Lady of Guadalupe on St. Juan Diego’s tilma (which is venerated at the Basilica of Guadalupe in Mexico City), an observation which touched me deeply. He stated that the Blessed Virgin in the image is looking downward, and he shared that she was tenderly looking at her beloved son, Juan Diego, and—not only at him, for she continues to tenderly watch over all of us, her beloved children.
“Hear me and understand well, my son the least, that nothing should frighten or grieve you. Let not your heart be disturbed. Do not fear that sickness, nor any other sickness or anguish. Am I not here, who am your Mother? Are you not under my protection? Am I not your health? Are you not happily within my fold? What else do you wish? Do not grieve nor be disturbed by anything. (Our Lady of Guadalupe’s words to St. Juan Diego in 1531)
How has our Sorrowful Mother come to you in your own deep need? If you have had an experience you would like to share with us, we would be very happy to hear from you.
We invite you to visit our website (with a brighter, prettier, more easily navigated design) at www.sorrowfulmother.net

Little Handmaids of Our Sorrowful Mother

Cami Murphy, Foundress and Director
Rosie Aguilar, Co-Director