Thank You For Your Support - OCTOBER BABY MOVIE

This past weekend, a beautiful movie brought a story of forgiveness and hope to a world in desperate need of both. Thanks to your support and efforts, OCTOBER BABY finished No. 3 in per-screen average and No. 8 overall (despite being on only 390 screens). But those numbers don’t tell the real story; that can be found on Facebook pages, blog posts, emails, and conversations.

For Sherwood Pastor Michael Catt, who discovered as an adult he had been adopted, the film hit close to home:
“I am more than viable tissue. Jeremiah says, that God knew me before I was in my mother’s womb. Mom, wherever you are, if you ever read this, I was no accident. God had a plan for you and for me. Thank you for not having an abortion. Thank you for loving me enough to give me breath. I hope that one day you will see and know how God has used all this for His glory.”

For Melanie’s parents, it was a chance to realize the impact of a life of service:
“My parents have such a heart for the Lord and for children. They have lived and worked at a children's home for the past 13 years. While watching the movie Friday night my mom leaned over and asked my dad if he needed a tissue. His reply? ‘I need a towel!’ 
Needless to say they loved the movie—as did I!”

For Sharon, it was a reminder of her journey to forgiveness:
“The movie is very inspirational and I think it will give many post-abortive women hope of healing and forgiveness. I am a forgiven post-abortive woman and was very moved by the brave testimony during the credits. There is hope and forgiveness to the millions of us mothers and fathers who lost our precious children to the sin of abortion.”

For Dina, it was a chance to share the hope she found in OCTOBER BABY:
“I went to see it twice and the second time took friends with me. This film is the most touching, moving film I ever saw, so full of hope, love, forgiveness and above all so healing! I am so immensely blessed by it. Praise be to God!”

The film has had an incredible opening weekend. Our hope and prayer is that with your continued support, the word of mouth for OCTOBER BABY will continue growing, allowing the film’s impact to increase exponentially. And if that happens, just think of the additional stories we will be able to share …



Sincerely,
Claudia Sweeney
actionsquadscs@providentfilms.org
918-615-4422