Excerpts from Meditation for December 29, 2011 by Jorge Uriarte



Meditation: Luke 2:22-35
 
“The Holy Spirit was upon him.” (Luke 2:25)

Does the way God works ever surprise you?

God is not bound by our lim­ited expectations or by our opinion of how he should act.

It can be easy to fall into a trap of thinking that he works only in certain ways, or only for those who are spiritually “ma­ture.”

Often, however, he is waiting for us to admit our weakness and to cry out: “I can’t do it, Lord!” before he will move.

Humility is the key, for it is only when we are weak that we are open to his strength.

 It is only when we see our need that we are able to surrender to his Spirit.

Christmas Day may have passed, but God still wants to bless us— maybe even surprise us with an unexpected outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

What do you really need?

Don’t box God in. Instead, expect the un­expected.

“Holy Spirit, thank you for showing me your love. I give you my whole heart, and I believe that you can move any mountain in my life!”