Prayer to Saint Raphael the Archangel - Feast Day September 29, 2011

(Received in email)

Glorious Archangel Saint Raphael,
Great prince
Of the heavenly court,
Illustrious for your gifts
Of wisdom and grace,
Guide of those
Who journey by land or sea,
Consoler of the afflicted,
And refuge of sinners.

I beg you to assist me
In all my needs
And in all the sufferings
Of this life,
As once you helped
The young Tobias
On his travels.

And because you are
The “Medicine of God”,
I humbly pray you
To heal the many infirmities
Of my soul
And all the ills
Which afflict my body,
If it be for my greater good.

I specially ask of you
The favor of

[State your intention(s) here...]

And the grace
Of angelic purity,
Which makes me fit
To be the temple
Of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

St. Raphael,
Of the glorious seven
Who stand before the throne
Of Him who lives and reigns,
Angel of Health!
The Lord has filled your hand
With balm from heaven
To soothe or cure our pains
Heal or cure
The victim of disease,
And guide our steps
When doubtful of our ways!

Amen.