SURRENDER!

Surrendering is synonymous with quitting, weakness, and giving up. When someone is bigger or stronger; we surrender. When we are down, defeated, and when we have lost all hope; we surrender.

It’s not an easy thing to do.
No one wants to do it.

We want to be in control.
We want to do it our way.
We want things to go our way.
We want to call the shots.
We really do not know how to surrender.

We find that our greatest moments of strength come when we surrender to God.

Surrender not because we are good, but because God is good.

Steve Angrisano and Sarah Hart write in their song “Sweet Redeemer”:




Lyrics
King of Kings, blessed Jesus,
hand of mercy, giver of grace;
I have come to sing glory,
to lay my heart before you
in this place.

Refrain
Sweet redeemer,
I surrender all I am to you.
Sweet redeemer,
I surrender all I am to you.

I was lost and you found me;
in the darkness, you were my light.
When I fell down, you forgave me,
lifted me up and held me to your side.

Bridge
From the shadows of the tomb
you called me,
you rolled away the stone.
From the burden of my sin
you saved me,
you made my heart your home.

Jesus wants nothing more than for us to follow him, to love him, to love each other, to feed his sheep, and to be fully committed to living the life he wants us to live, and to do that, we must surrender all we have to him.