In her one written work, the "Treatise on the Seven Spiritual Weapons" Catherine teaches that to combat evil it is necessary:With her words and life", Benedict XVI concluded, "she strongly invites us always to allow ourselves to be guided by God, to do His will every day even if it does not always correspond to our own plans, and to trust in His Providence which never abandons us. In this perspective, St. Catherine also invites us to rediscover the value of the virtue of obedience".
"(1) to be careful always to do good;
(2) to believe that we can never achieve anything truly good by ourselves;
(3) to trust in God and, for His love, never to fear the battle against evil, either in the world or in ourselves;
(4) to meditate frequently on the events and words of Jesus' life, especially His passion and death;
(5) to remember that we must die;
(6) to keep the benefits of heaven firmly in our minds,
(7) to be familiar with Holy Scripture, keeping it in our hearts to guide all our thoughts and actions".
Thursday, December 30, 2010
VATICAN CITY, 29 DEC 2010 (VIS) - The Holy Father dedicated his Wednesday catechesis to St. Catherine of Bologna (1413-1463).