A personal invitation to pray with our new shepherd

My Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Soon I will begin my ministry as Archbishop of San Antonio.

With great humility I prepare to embrace the challenges ahead and open my heart to the new opportunities that God will place before us in the years to come.

I personally invite you to join me for an evening of prayer Monday, November 22, 7 p.m. at Main Plaza, in front of San Fernando Cathedral.

Please stand with me in this place where the faith of our city has been strengthened and nurtured for nearly 300 years, as we ask God for the wisdom and guidance I will need as His humble servant.

Together, let us raise our voices, asking God to quiet our hearts so we may hear His voice and know His will.

If you cannot be with me in person, then I hope, wherever you are, you will join us in prayer and solemn reflection.

Sincerely in Christ,
+Gustavo Garcia-Siller, M.Sp.S.
Archbishop-designate