The Body and Blood of Christ



The Incarnation is God becoming a human being and living among us and in us through which we have a personal and deeply profound relationship with God as a human being. The uniqueness and essence of this personal relationship is communion, intimacy, and love.

"I Myself am the living bread come down from heaven. If anyone eats this bread he shall live forever; the bread I will give is My flesh, for the life of the world" (John 6:51).

"If you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you" (John 6:53).

Through a personal relationship with Jesus in the Eucharistic Celebration of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass we relate to Jesus so personally, totally and completely that we live in Him and He lives in us.

He who feeds on My flesh and drinks My blood has life eternal, and I will raise him up on the last day" (John 6:54).

"My flesh is real food and My blood real drink. The man who feeds on My flesh and drinks My blood remains in Me, and I in Him" (John 6:55-56).

The most intimate and personal relationship with God is by receiving Him into our bodies in Holy Communion which makes possible a continuing, deeper, closer bond.

"Just as the Father Who has life sent Me and I have life because of the Father, so the man who feeds on Me will have life because of Me" (John 6:57).

"The man who feeds on this bread will live forever" (John 6:58).

Let us pray that when we receive Communion and hear the words "Body of Christ," may we say "Amen" with a greater love than ever.