August 6: The Transfiguration of Our Lord

Dear Jesus,
Thou didst appear to Thy three disciples in all Thy glory.
I know that Thou art now in Heaven seated at the right hand of the Father in the same glorious state Thou revealed Thyself in on Mount Tabor.
I am truly thankful that Thou hast suffered, died and risen so as to conquer death so that I may be saved from the it's power.
I know that I will one day be risen with a glorified body when Thou come to judge the living and the dead.
I am sorry for the many times that I have offended Thee by not striving for holiness and by being lazy in my prayer life.
Please send me the graces I need to truly desire holiness and to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve it so that I may live my life always mindful that one day I will stand before Thee and be held accountable for all my action and lack thereof.
Amen