Life & Liberty

LOM 70

LOM 70

Marquee

* * * August 9: Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross * * * August 11: Saint Clare of Assisi * * * August 14: Saint Maximilian Mary Kolbe * * * August 15: The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary * * * August 21: Our Lady of Knock * * * August 22: The Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary & Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary * * * August 24: Our Lady Health of the Sick * * * August 26: Our Lady of Czestochowa * * * August 27: Saint Monica & Seven Joys of the Blessed Virgin Mary * * * August 28: Saint Augustine * * * August 29: The Passion of Saint John the Baptist * * *

Monday, December 12, 2011

Today we celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe


“He went to the top of the hill, and he saw a lady who was standing and who was calling him to come closer to her side. When he arrived in her presence, he marveled at her perfect beauty. Her clothing appeared like the sun, and it gave forth rays. And the rock and the cliffs where she was standing, upon receiving the rays like arrows of light, appeared like precious emerald, appeared like jewels; the earth glowed with the splendors of the rainbow. The mesquites, the cacti, and the weeds that were all around appeared like feathers of the quetzal, and the stems looked like turquoise; the branches, the foliage, and even the thorns sparkled like gold.”
“He bowed to her, heard her thought and word....She said, ‘Know and be certain in your heart, my most abandoned son, that I am the ever-Virgin, Holy Mary, Mother of the God of Truth, Téotl, of the One through Whom We Live, the Creator of Persons, the Owner of What Is Near and Together, of the Lord of Heaven and Earth. I very much want and ardently desire that my hermitage be erected in this place. In it, I will show and give to all people all my love, my compassion, my help, and my protection because I am your merciful mother and the mother of all nations that live on this earth who would love me, who would speak with me, who would search for me, and who would place their confidence in me. There I will hear their laments and remedy and cure all their miseries, misfortunes, and sorrows....’”
>From Guadalupe: Mother of the New Creation by Father Virgil Elizondo; photo by Cheri Lomonte
Mary, today we celebrate your feast as Our Lady of Guadalupe.
We do love you, Holy and Merciful Mother,
and we thank you for your intercessions for us!