February 28, 2017: Del Rio News-Herald * LOCAL * Letter to the Editor * Conversation between a cleaning lady and a celebrity
















Letter to the Editor,

Conversation between a cleaning lady and a celebrity

Valentina Brillante: Good morning Mrs. Streep.

Meryl Streep: Good morning Valentina, please call me Meryl. I keep telling you every time you come to clean my house to call me by my first name because we are all equal.

Valentina: Yes, Mrs. Meryl, as you wish.

Meryl: Not Mrs. Meryl, just Meryl! You can call me just by my first name.
Valentina: Yes, ma’am.

Meryl: Very good, now we can talk for a few minutes before you start cleaning my house. How have you been?

Valentina: Well, to tell you the truth I am very happy President Trump has issued a temporary ban that affects seven countries of concern.

Meryl: But Valentina, you’re an immigrant! How could you possibly be for a ban that is against your people?

Valentina: Well, Meryl, for your information I am not an immigrant, I was born in the United States and I want to live in a country that is safe and secure and free from terrorist’s attacks. Free from all terrorists both outside and inside the womb. Because I believe abortionists are terrorists, especially in my neighborhood where Planned Parenthood specifically targets our weak and wounded women. I am also happy that President Trump took immediate action on day one to stop the support of abortion with our tax dollars overseas. And that he has nominated Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

Meryl: Well, I’ll be. Valentina, I think it’s time you started working. I pay you to do your work, not to shove your politics in my face.

Valentina: That’s exactly what my husband said when he listened to your speech at the Golden Goble Awards.

Meryl: You watch the Golden Goble Awards?

Valentina: No, when I go home I don’t like to have anything to do with the people I work for during the day or to think about work. I enjoy relaxing and watching football and mixed martial arts with my husband and son. My husband said he saw you on social media.

Marian Casillas, Ed.D.
Del Rio